Wednesday, October 21, 2015

FINISH THAT THOUGHT #3-16 - RESULTS!




WOOHOO!!! What a fun bunch of stories this week! If you missed any of them, you can read them all here. Otherwise, you can read what the judge had to say:



GHOST STORIES by Foy Iver
This is fantastic! I love Jared’s epic tale, particularly the moo moo. The structure of the story is fun and sets the scene perfectly.

THE GOOD OLD BAD DAYS by Dylyce P. Clarke
This tiny story holds a large truth.

HOMEGROWN HORROR by Nancy Chenier
A chilling tale with a warm ending. I like the use of the laughter in this one. It’s a different kind of scary when the creatures are in your head.

UNTITLED VIGNETTE by Michael D. Hansen
Creepy, and very Halloween-y. I like the use of the monsters, and the twist at the end is great.

GHOST-WRITING by Geoff Holme
This is adorable. Perhaps an odd choice of adjectives, given the story’s twist ending, but I adored every second.



SPECIAL CHALLENGE CHAMPION
GHOST-WRITINGGeoff Holme
This is the story that tickled me the most. You poked fun at me, you poked fun at the horror genre, and you ended the story with a gruesome twist that made me laugh (in a bone-chilling way). This is how Halloween monsters should be used. I wonder which monster was doing the spell-check?


GRAND CHAMPION
GHOST STORIESFoy Iver

Your Jared is my favourite Jared this week. I’m not sure if he was talking to a ghost or himself – either way it felt like Halloween!





No comments:

Post a Comment