Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dreams and Disasters

It's been a little while since my last update (3 months), so I thought I'd share a little about what's been going on with me. The title of this post (why yes, it's an Owl City song) pretty much sums it up...although, perhaps disasters is too strong of a word.

You last heard that I won the Writing Excuses Scholarship to their writing retreat coming up in June and I was editing my novel in earnest. I had goals. Apparently absurdly unrealistic ones... HA! I wanted to be finished editing my novel by May. It's May. Am I finished? No. No, I'm not. Have I made progress? YES! Surprisingly, I have! :) I can now say that I have finished over 1/3 of it. (33.6%, but I like the OVER a third idea...) I still have dreams of finishing the whole thing before the retreat in June, but... We'll see. I'm trying! Also, I've written a couple of scenes in my middle grade fantasy novel, and I'm really enjoying it.

What you don't know (or, at least, I haven't posted it on this blog) is that the very same week I won the scholarship, my hubby got a job offer in another state. This is a good thing, but it has turned our world upside down for the past three months. I have gotten a part-time job. We are cleaning and packing and trying to sell our house. My writing time has all but disappeared. Life seems like chaos at the best of times. I have gained 20 pounds. :(  Our house is still not sold and we are leaving in less than 3 weeks.

Let's not focus on those 'disasters' though. I've decided to get back in gear. I'm running again. I've lost 4 pounds so far. I'm trying to get in editing whenever I can...it's slow going, but I'm making the time. I think I've cleaned my house more in the last 2 1/2 months than I have in the 4 years we've lived here. We continue to have a lot of showings, hopefully that will get us an offer soon. And I'm headed to the writing retreat in a month!

You see, God is good. He knows my dreams and he knows my disasters. He has a plan for my good and his glory. The waiting is a hard place to be, but I'm trying to be faithful. I need more sleep than I've been getting (I've borrowed, probably too much, from my sleep time to write/edit), but things are getting done. Prayers are appreciated. Perhaps I'll have time in the next month to post again, but if not I'll certainly post after the retreat! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment