Friday, July 20, 2012

Mischief Makers

Hehehehe! The Friday Picture Show is today over at Jen DeSantis' blog. It's a 100 word flash fiction contest with a picture prompt. I'm not going to copy the picture to my blog today, because I just read a really scary blog post about someone getting sued for have a picture on their blog HERE. I don't know how to check if the picture is public domain or not, so I'm just going to link to the friday picture show above and call it good. Check out the picture there.

That said, the picture is this creepy masked guy in black robes and such... If you follow me on Twitter (@lissajean7) you may have seen a conversation this morning between myself and Rebekah Postupak (@postupak) and Jen DeSantis (@JenD_Author) about the creepy picture and how a lot of our flash fiction friends write more of the dark fantasy/paranormal romance type stuff, while Rebekah and I prefer dragons over demons. :) We decided that we needed to introduce dragons to our flash friends. I didn't think it would be possible with this picture, but seeing as my dragons are shapeshifters... These dragons are similar to the dragons found in one of my favorite books of all-time The Elvenbane by Andre Norton and Mercedes Lackey. This series heavily influenced my take on dragons in general. I hope you enjoy!



Mischief Makers



Thogan giggled, “Just walk really slowly and don’t forget to look down – you don’t want anyone spotting the red sparkle in your eye.”

“I know,” Mardis replied, “I have done this before. Wouldn’t the red eyes be more menacing?”

“No, it’s a dead giveaway you’re a dragon, then they won’t believe you’re death.”

“Is this really what they think death looks like? I mean, it’s papier-mâché! How convincing am I really going to be?”

“Humans are gullible. They’ll believe anything!”

“Just keep my eyes down?”

“Death apparently has vacant eyes, just make sure they’re in shadow and they’ll run screaming!”

No comments:

Post a Comment